Fredric Rolando, President
National Association of Letter Carriers
On April 24, Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR) launched a “We the People” petition on the White House website to urge the Obama administration to:
- support a comprehensive postal reform package that would end the pre-funding of retiree health benefits
- mandate six-day mail delivery
- allow for creation of new streams of revenue through non-postal services, and
- return to the Postal Service the pension account surpluses with CSRS and FERS.
Please encourage as many members of your community as possible to sign the petition. Ask your friends, family members and neighbors to show their support for the USPS by signing it.
- On the “We the People” petition web page, click CREATE AN ACCOUNT (if you have not already) or SIGN IN. (If you have an account, sign in and skip to Step 6.)
- Enter your e-mail address, name and ZIP code.
- The website will then send you an e-mail message. Open it and click the link provided to activate your account.
- Once your account is activated, click this link again to go to the petition page.
- Click SIGN THIS PETITION.
Thank you for your ongoing support for the U.S. Postal Service.
IN ADDITION..Don’t Forget this Saturday is our “Stamp Out Hunger” Food Drive!